Friday, June 11, 2010

Term3 - Animation - Critique (Dialogue & Panta)


The final dialogue I used for the critique.
The biggest points mentioned during it were: that I forgot that movement flows from the hips (I was originating it from the torso), and that I need to learn when to stop moving the character. They did say that the mouth movements were looking good though. I still need a LOT of practice on subtle animation. In short, I don't do it. Though I'm trying to change that.


Quick modification of the quicktime file made by Dillen Brown (the Creative director of Pixar Canada!!!) when he came to our school. After a discussion of acting with the animation classes, he came around to our rooms and looked over some of our stuff!

His main point was to hold the final frame on 'darla'- he said I could get a lot more mileage out of that pose than I was using it for.


First run for my dialogue.
Again, not enough time to portray my acting choice on the later half. The head turn looks like he's snapping his neck.


A slightly revised version of the pantomime I chose. I would have liked to have had more time to work on this. Still too much movement with not enough time to register it.

No comments:

Post a Comment