Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Term2 - LifeDrawing - Crits





As always, the teacher said that getting life into the drawing is not a problem for me, but rather, my clarity and line quality is where I need to work on. This area has been a source of difficulty for me since term 1. I believe that I have only just started figuring it out. (The term 3 crit mentioned that this is still the area I need to focus on - but that I am starting to finally gain ground on it :D ).
I'll talk more in detail about that on the Term 3 crit post.

Other things mentioned are that though my torsos are good for the most part, I tend to gloss over hands and feet, and that I draw cartoony heads that do no reflect the model (he called it 'David's how to draw heads' - it seems my heads are too formulaic).
Since hands are one of the first things people look at to determine someone's knowledge of anatomy, my ignoring them is probably not a good idea.

I'm also at the point where drawing merely what I see is no longer acceptable - and that I should strive to push the action and exaggerate more. This is hard. There is a fine line between awesome and 'what the hell is that', and I tend to trip over it fairly easily (though I am getting better)

No comments:

Post a Comment